Principles of Hygiene and Sanitation in Food and Beverage Processing
Languages Available: Brazilian Portuguese, English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish.
- Basic hygiene and cleaning concepts
- Cleaning chemistry
- Food Microbiology
- Disinfection (Sanitation)
- Monitoring and Documentation
The Principles of Hygiene and Sanitation in Food and Beverage Processing course in introduction to, or refresher of, the fundamental cleaning and sanitation requirements in food and beverage processing to achieve a good level of hygiene and introduces advanced concepts such as microbiology. The course is a foundation for all of our other training courses and it is recommended that it is completed before any of the more advanced courses.
The fundamental principles are explained in a concise way to explain why and how we clean before exploring how hygiene chemicals work and how hygiene procedures should be managed, monitored and documented.
- New employees in food and beverage production areas
- All employees concerned with the production of food and beverages
- Learners who are intending to take other Hygiene Academy courses
Each of the five modules course has its own objectives. By the end of the series, learners will understand:
- Why we clean and the consequences of not cleaning
- The types of microorganism related to food and beverage production, the impact they have and how to control them
- The difference between detergents and disinfectants and how they work
- How to safely use cleaning chemicals
- Why and how to monitor cleaning, and how to measure performance
- How and why cleaning should be documented
Access and Purchase Options
Companies can purchase a package of modules to fit the needs of their workforce. Our sales representatives can help build training plans which are tailored to suit the needs of each company.
The course can also be purchased, split into Level 1 and Level 2, from our Hygiene Academy eStore which provides an opportunity for individuals interested in developing or refreshing their skillset to purchase on a course-by-course basis.
This course has been certified by The CPD Certification Service